Never Give Up! (Never Let Up! Remix) Never Give Up! (Never Let Up! Remix)

I think the mix is pretty good. Having played Dream Team myself and of course being a music fan, I've been looking around for nice remixes of the OST and this one is actually pretty good. It definitely has a different atmosphere compared to the original and that's what makes a remix great; when it has its own personality that reflects the writer's style and not the OST's style. The sounds were indeed fun and unique which made the song was nice to listen to. All the sounds blended well with each other as well. Keep up the experimenting!

Cheers,
-Yeelp

M-Gentalmen responds:

Wow, what a comment! Thanks!

Champion Steven Champion Steven

I like this. A lot. I grew up with the third generation of pokemon (at least, that was the only generation I had for a long time), so I'm naturally drawn to the third generation's soundtrack. This mix kept the same atmosphere that the original captured and made it much more groovy - mainly with the added oomph to the kicks. The song doesn't end off with as big of a bang as it could've considering this is the champion's theme; it could've had a more epic ending in my opinion.

I've noticed you also have a taste for classical and orchestral pieces, I recommend taking a look at more of the gen 3 soundtrack. It's quite brass heavy - which can potentially make it easier to work with when making an orchestral remix. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!
-Cheers

Chaos Chaos

Listened to this one over and over again it's so catchy! I love this as much as your other song you wrote for me! This one is groovy, upbeat and just nice to listen to! I'm gonna keep this one too! Awesome job! Keep it up!

Demonic-Overmind responds:

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

Morning Time Morning Time

I really enjoyed this when I first listened to it. I would have loved to hear it earlier but I was busy with a ton of school work. I guess we share having busy and hectic lives!

I really enjoy this! I find it to be perfect. The whole theme is really touching - I really like what you've done here. I think with more time you would be able to really flesh it out nicely - not that it isn't already! You'll have to let me know when second song is out - I'm looking forward to it!

Demonic-Overmind responds:

wow! I thought you wouldn't like it. I'll upload the second one soon.

Quark-Gluon Quark-Gluon

It's a pretty good track. Everything flows nicely and works well with each other. There just isn't that awe - that style that really gets me flabbergasted. I haven't listened to Supercollide so I can't use it a reference when judging this. But even without listening to Supercollide - I find myself enjoying this piece.

It's definitely a good piece - congrats to all of you guys. I'm sure it was well worth the effort!

frootza responds:

Get out!! Thanks so much dude!! I put so much work into this!

M.

Mars Mars

I thought this was kinda cool, it had an almost sad theme going throughout the piece. It seems like you've really captured the whole "empty void" side of space with this. It really is a moving piece. I'm glad to see you've uploaded something again, I always kinda enjoyed your work.

Pandasticality responds:

thank you very much, im working on more songs hopefully il get to capture the feel im going for in those aswell.

- Pandasticality

%u25BD%u25BDChill%u25BD%u25BD %u25BD%u25BDChill%u25BD%u25BD

The name of your song really confuses me: %u25BD%u25BDChill%u25BD%u25BD I'm not sure If that was a mistake or not but I don't really get how it reflects your song.

The song sounds pretty neat and flows nicely. You did a good job on it from that standpoint. The Sytrus synth is kinda nice. The song is nice and flows well there's just some part of it I can't get behind. It sounds nice but that's about it - It doesn't do anything else. It doesn't connect with me. Your production is great, now try to connect with your audience through your song. I personally think that doing that is especially important with chillout songs because yeah, this song relaxes me a bit but it doesn't do much other than that. There's no real direction that it's trying to take me.

It's great, just work at it a little more!

io wa io wa

The song was pretty neat from a production standpoint. It sounded nice, flowed nice and was very peaceful sounding. So good job on that.

From a composition standpoint, It's a little odd how you sampled commercial music to produce this. I find myself wondering how much came from the commercials and how much is your own work. All in all, it was kinda nice and cool but didn't seem TOO unique enough for me to really enjoy it. But it seems like you're on the right path so keep going!

Mario Galaxy - Bowser Battle Mario Galaxy - Bowser Battle

Wow, this is great. I'm baffled by the orchestra. You've efficiently captured the feel of the original piece and amplified it by 10. I've been AWOL for so long I've missed out on a lot of your pieces, but I always had 2 with me. Coming back now, I'm amazed. You had me at 4.5/5 all the way until that jingle at 3:39. That jingle sold that last half a star. Awesome job!!

akomik - 12th x akomik - 12th x

I listened to it twice. The first time I took it as is. Then I broke it down and analysed it the second time through.

The first time through I didn't see an old school vibe. To me, it was more of a drug induced space trip, which was kinda awesome. That sound at around 0:16, is that Sonic? It kinda sounds like it; also pretty cool. That synth at 0:17 comes of a *little* too loud for me though. I can see how some of the sound effects you added create that old school vibe. It did seem a little wacky at first but it grew on me. The whole song reminded me of a flash game which I haven't played in forever: Green Moon Lab. So the song also had a little nostalgia for me.

The second time listening gave me a little insight. Your drums seems to be pretty on point. Everything adds up nicely. But that LFO thing you have going on - it doesn't change drastically enough to keep me hooked and engrossed. Like at 2:14 I feel like a change to the LFO would've gone nicely. You made some interesting choices when composing this piece. The segment at 1:59-2:13 deserves a special mention here. It sounds like you did a pitch shift there which almost sounded like it was out of place. Yet it still worked out in the end.

So all throughout this review I asked myself you question: "Download, or no download?" You quite literally have me on the fence here. On one hand, it's sorta nostalgic, it's sci-fi trippy; but equally cool. Yet on the other hand, that repetitive LFO thing seems to be the driving force against me downloading it. If the LFO changed a bit and wasn't the same melody throughout, I'd have downloaded it for sure. I think I will download it but I'm not sure if I'd put on my phone and jam to it. However, I like the sci-fi theme so I'mma definitely follow to see if you have more coming!

Keep on keepin' on